Sunday, October 5, 2008

Gym-boree











Not only did I get a discount when I re-signed up with 24-hour Fitness, but they have since put in (almost) all new equipment.

Unfortunately, due to studying and crowded gym time after work, this means I have to go in the AM (ie 530 or 6) and on the weekends. Today was the first time I actually enjoyed being there (ie it did not smell, people were not farting all over the place, etc).

I think I have found the right times to go.

I do miss the luxury of the BSC in Copley Square. I only pay $10 less per month now, but BSC was SO much better. Not to mention people were in better shape, which results in some additional motivation while working out.

I have tried a few gyms in SF in the past year..starting with this 24hr a block from home. The gym I switched too (Bay Club) was like $100/month and more like social hour. With no pool. (Although I would NEVER go in the 24hr pool...you can smell the old, dirty men from a mile a way).

A gym is a gym. Some are better than others. I need to stop using a sub-par gym as an excuse not to exercise.

Hasta la proxima,

TS

No comments: