Tuesday, October 7, 2008

"Lose Control" (dont let the title worry you, mom)





















Her award will be my scholarship. But damn, I wish I had the swagger.

Remeber the Missy Elliot song, "Music Make you Lose Control". Well, in the past couple of days the LSAT has made me "lose control". Maybe it is too much to work on applications to law school while at work, editing the ever-important personal and "what I bring to UC Berkeley, Stanford, etc. law school" essays. Maybe it is a bit much to do practice problems on the bus.

I just do not want to have to study all night long, every weekend day, etc. until December. I do have some fun outings lined up (Oktoberfest party in Napa that I was pleased to be invited to today, mom visiting, dad-in-law visiting, Matt and Rob visiting). Lots of wine drinking in the next month or so.

Unfortunately, until December 6th, my "eye" needs to be on the "prize".

I have faith that I will have my nerves in check, and will do well. Not perfectly, or even near it, but well.

Some may not know that I have been seeing a cognitive behavioral therapist. She's a "tell it like it is" Brit, and is exactly what I need to help me through the next couple months (and who knows, maybe years). I often wish I could see her daily. I would have fun explaining that to the insurance Gods above (below).

Debate was okay tonight. Nothing new.

Off to bed soon.

Hasta la proxima.

TS

No comments: