Saturday, October 18, 2008

Steve at the ER


















Before freaking out, he is fine...we think. He had some serious stomach pains for a couple of days that gradually moved towards his appendix. I took him to the ER last night at like 730, since an appendix can rupture pretty easily/unexpectedly.

The ER was like an interesting movie for the first 3 or so hours; interesting characters, hyped up stories, different reactions to good/bad news. It was VERY busy.

Steve works as a doctor at UCSF, where we went last night. I was a bit disappointed that he was not seen sooner; not that he is "entitled" to special treatment or anything, but it seemed he has to wait LONGER than most routine issues. Also, he just needed blood work, an IV, urine sample and a CT scan, which take about a half hour combined. We were there from 730 PM to about 4 AM.

He does not have appendicitis, but there is something "weird" going on in his stomach (inflammation, etc.) that requires more investigation. I hope it will pass soon.

I knew it was weird when I brought home a cookie for him and he was not immediately all over it.

This morning, guys arrived at 930 to install new closet and bathroom doors. They look really great and we are happy with them...

No comments: