
First off, congrats to Mrs. and Mr. Rufo. Secondly, I'm thankful to have so many wonderful people in my life.
Today, I saw the usual (attractive) man asking for "help for food" outside of 7/11 on my walk to work. Now, I have never helped this guy out (don't carry cash or much food), but many do. He looks so genuine and appreciative when people give him $$$.
For the first time, I saw him accept food from someone when they said "all i have is this yoghurt". Remember, he asks for HELP WITH FOOD. Well, this nice young lady forked (or spooned) over her yogurt, and you could see she felt good about herself after making this random act of kindness. What does the guy do?
***IMMEDIATELY THROWS THE YOGURT IN THE TRASH***. I got so upset for some reason, even though I am sure lots of homeless SF-ians do similar things when not given change or money as an offering. Anyways, needless to say I will look at this guy very differently every morning as I pass.
Got me thinking about appreciation. Many of you have heard about my discontent at work, but my mom brought up an excellent point - I should appreciate what I have.
I should also learn to realize that this is not the time in my life to "call the shots". I'm putting in my time for an eventual reward. I cannot and should not rush this reward. That being said, this "annual review" at work tomorrow should be quite interesting as I have a lot of feedback to give (and receive, I am sure).
No comments:
Post a Comment