
People live longer in Europe (well, according to most EU statistics). People in the US are always in a rush, eating fast food at their desk, stomping over people to get on the subway or bus, running across the street and almost getting hit by cars.
My point: The next prez (ahem, Obama) should work on a mandatory four-day work week for most jobs. Admittedly, I would be pissed if I needed an operation and a hospital told me, "Oh, we are closed on Fridays". This is why I say MOST jobs. I think that morale at most organizations would be boosted if this measure were implemented.
This is not to say that there are not more important agenda items that should be addressed first...and quickly.
However, today is Saturday...I (and most) had a long week....and while I am enjoying the day...tomorrow is Sunday....and Sunday means thinking about work....again....vicious cycle.
No comments:
Post a Comment